It is important that you read this checklist to ensure your property is suitable for our services. If you are not sure that your property meets the criteria, then please contact a member of the Salix Living team who will be happy to provide advice and assistance on what you need to do.
What you need to consider before letting a property with Salix Living
- The property must be in a good condition, fit for habitation and in a good state of repair. To ensure this is the case and that it meets the necessary standards, we will carry out a full inspection with you.
- You must have permission from your mortgage lender to lease or let the property.
- You must have buildings insurance suitable for letting properties.+
- A Gas Safety Certificate must be provided by a Gas Safe registered engineer. * +
- A full electrical test must be carried out by a contractor registered with the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC). *+
- An up-to-date Energy Performance Certificate must be provided. *+
- Any electrical goods supplied must be in a good working order with instructions for use. Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is one way to ensure they are satisfactory.
- The property should have at least one form of space heating such as gas central heating radiators or electric storage heaters.
- Working smoke alarms must be in place throughout the property. If required, working CO2 alarms must also be in place.
- Properties can be unfurnished but we require a minimum of carpets or other suitable floor coverings and good quality blinds or curtains.
- As asbestos survey may be required. Please contact us for further information.
- If the property is a flat/apartment then other lease conditions may apply.
* Salix Living can arrange this for a small fee.
+ Documentation will be required
Subscribe to our landlord mailing list
What type of content is of most interest to you?